Thursday, January 31, 2013

Behind the Scenes

     We did it!  My baby is two and I survived the day of festivities!  When you are the kid having the birthday, you don't realize all of the crazy planning that goes into a day of fun.  :-)  This morning we went to the Children's Theatre.  We went with some friends.  It was really fun.  Watching the kids enjoy the play was awesome.  My baby princess was great for most of it.  She had a couple of little bumps during the play, but it was way better than I thought it might be.  She really is growing up. 
     I also made her cake and wrapped her gifts today.  For dinner, we had friends over.  I made salad, pasta, and garlic bread.  Then the birthday girl unwrapped gifts.  I had balloons with lights in them for the kids, so I blew them up.  Then we did cake and ice cream.  Between all of those activities the kids played and played.  It was fabulous watching them play.  :-)  The house was definitely well played in tonight.  It wasn't bad- within a half an hour my honey and I had it all cleaned up and the kids were in the bath.  Anyway, there was a lot of planning and background stuff that went into today that my kids won't think about until they are older or have their own kids, as it should be.
     Days like today make me so thankful for my parents.  They did so many behind the scenes things that I am just thinking about now that I have kids.  Thanks Daddy and Mommy for loving me well.  Make sure to say thank you to the people in your life who have done and may still be doing behind the scenes work.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment