Friday, January 11, 2013

Behind the Beds

     Today I vacuumed behind the kids' beds.  I don't do this nearly as often as I should.  It is kinda disturbing.  My kids get to have snacks in their beds at night, so there were some "crumbs."  Ok, lots of goldfish and Cheerios.  It isn't really that it is hard to move their beds and get the crumbs, I just don't think to do it as often as I should. 
     I was thinking about how there are areas of my life, emotionally and spiritually, that I should check for crumbs in more often too.  Is there any unforgiveness I need to deal with?  Are there things I know God wants me to go do that I am not?  Or things that I should not be doing that I still am?  Am I being Jesus to everyone?  These things don't have to be hard, necessarily.  But when I let them build up, they can get grosser than they should.  If I just vacuum out these areas when it doesn't really look like much, it will make life a whole lot easier.  So, what are your "behind the bed" areas of your life?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment