Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Easy Road

     Ok, I admit it, sometimes I like the easy road.  I want to be able to be fit, but do I really WANT to do the work I have to do to get there.  Theoretically, yes, but practically, my abs and muscles yell at me when I work them.  I want to have a continuously growing relationship with God, but other things want to crowd in on my time.  I want to do more art projects with my kiddos, but it's messy and takes lots of time and patience (we will ignore the fact that some would say it also takes skill, which I may be lacking, but can make up for in enthusiasm).  I want to continue to grow more in love with my husband, but it takes time and effort.  I want the end result of all of these things- a fit bod, a rockin' and growing relationship with God, great memories with my kids and the cool stuff we made, a marriage that continues to get more and more fabulous. 
     But, sometimes the work that it takes, the every day little choices, are not as easy as I think they should be.  I know that choices are good and important and I WANT what they will bring.  I have to remember that it is worth it to keep growing my life, even when it seems easier to go on auto pilot.  I know that I feel better when I make the decisions that lead to life and growth instead of stagnation.  I just need to remind myself of that when I don't want to do the little bit of stretching that I need to do to get to the next level.  But staying the same isn't good and I know that.  So really, it's in the moment that I want the easy road, but in the long run- I want the crazy adventurous road full of memories. I want a road with a view, and to get there, sometimes you have to climb.  :-)  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment