Tuesday, January 15, 2013

God Knows Best?

     This is related to the post I did two days ago.  Just like I have a hard time listening to other people sometimes, I also have a hard time listening to God.  Yuck.  It doesn't sound great to say that.  I know in my head that God knows best, but sometimes my heart doesn't trust.  Why is that?  When I am clearly thinking, it seems crazy to not trust Him.  But it's there.  And I think most of the time it's because I don't know that He actually knows best.  (Again crazy, I know.)  I think that I may know better or more.  But seriously, I. do. not. 
     My mother-in-love shared this thought from a conference that she went to recently, "You don't know what you don't know."  I think that I have all the info.  That I "know" the quickest route, but I just don't know that I don't know about the construction up ahead.  I am sure that I "know" WHY someone did something or said something, but I just don't know that she really meant __________.  I am sure I can see the great big picture for my life, but I just don't know what's around the bend.  So, this isn't really a post to tell you how to fix that attitude.  Rather, it's to let you know that I know how you feel too.  Join me in the "I don't know everything" club.  That one I will keep my membership card to, but the "sometimes I don't trust my Heavenly Daddy" club, I am tearing up my membership card.  I don't want to be in that one.  I do KNOW that He wants what is best for me and He is worthy of my trust.  I love Him and He loves me more than I can imagine.  Here it goes.  Each day is remembering that God does know best.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment