Thursday, January 17, 2013

My New Planner

     I bought a new planner before the year started.  I LOVE it!  It is from The Confident Mom.  She is a blogger.  The planner has daily household tasks to do.  There are some things that are for everyday, like wiping the counters off, changing the kitchen towel, taking vitamins.  There are little places to check those things off.  Also, a place to check off the 8 glasses of water you should drink each day.  Also, daily household tasks are divided up for each day.  Jobs like washing the sheets, changing the towels in bathrooms, wiping the microwave off.  Ok, ok, I know some of you reading this are thinking, "Who has time to clean the microwave?  I am stuggling to get me and the kids dressed, fed, and out the door."  I have days like that too.  But using this planner has helped me feel like I can handle the little weird jobs that I don't get around to. 
     There is a place to check off doing the laundry each day.  Some days I fold it and sometimes I don't.  But then the next day, I might actually fold it.  :-)  I feel like because I want to check it off each day, I actually work on it a little bit, even the times that I might not have before using this.  I am not saying that this is a planner for everyone.  But, I am saying that it is something that has helped me.  This might not be the thing for you, but maybe think about an area that you will like to have be a little better and then look for something to help with that area.  You might try it and it doesn't work. That's ok.  Try something else.  I just read in "The Do What You Can Plan" by Holley Gerth that trying a new strategy to reach a goal isn't failure, that it is growth.  So, if you are trying to accomplish a goal (like having a more clean and organized house), then try different things until you find something that works.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment