Monday, January 7, 2013

Love In Action

     I am reading a book called Love Does by Bob Goff.  It is a fun read.  He talks about the adventures from his life from the idea that love actually makes things happen.  It is making me think more and more about what love actually doing things would look like in my life.  Sometimes love looks like playing a matching game with my fabulous son for the tenth time that day because quality time is a major love language for him or singing him a song at night when I just want me time.  It means playing kitchen or puzzles with my baby princess.  It means helping a friend with her kiddos or listening to her talk while having coffee. 
     But sometimes it can mean unexpected things.  I want to leave room in my life for the times that love means doing something that I wasn't planning on doing, for a stanger, my friend, my kids, or my husband.  Things I might not want to do, but will be fun and meaningful in the long run.  I want to be able to show love to people.  I recommend reading Love Does.  I am not done with it, but so far it is awesome.  On that note I am going to watch the first Lord of the Rings movie with my honey (which is for sure showing love because I have already seen it a couple of times and it is CRAZY long, but he wants to watch it again).  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment