Monday, January 21, 2013

Your Cares

     The Bible tells us, "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall" (Psalm 55:22).  It's funny to me how easy that should be.  Give my problems to my great big God who loves me.  But do I give them to Him?  Sometimes...but, sometimes not so much.  Or I will give them to Him for a little while and pick them back up.  Maybe I don't think He is acting fast enough or maybe things aren't going the way I think they should.  All I know is that it is a lot harder for me to actually cast my cares upon Him and not try to reclaim them. 
     There are some areas that I am getting better (sometimes :-) ), but then other areas that I keep picking up.  There was a sermon illustration from a pastor in Michigan that I will never forget when it comes to this idea and it still helps me when I am struggling to actually cast my cares on Jesus.  The pastor came walking into the sanctuary at the beginning of the sermon with a suitcase tied around his waist, a huge backpack, and dragging other huge suitcases.  It looked ridiculous!  He was talking about if we do that with our cares.  Do we tie them on us and not want to let them go?  How can you effectivly travel like that?  You can't.  You have to drop off the luggage.  So, the next time you are tempted to pick up one of your cares again or not give it to God in the first place, ask yourself, "Can I travel on the journey that God has for me?  Or I am too loaded down?"  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment