Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Love is a Verb

     Tonight my husband and I went out on a double date with some friends.  It was really fun to get out with other grown ups and not be chasing kiddos for a little while.  I am reading the Love Does book by Bob Goff.  I know I have blogged about it before, but it is a great book.  :-)  I talked a little bit about it tonight at dinner.  When we got home, my honey showed me love by taking the babysitter home.  Not that taking the babysitter home is hard, but I like to be able to get in my PJs when I get home.  :-)  He knows that I like that, so he takes the babysitter home.  He demonstrates his love for me by doing something for me.  We need to do that for each other.  Actually SHOW love to people, not just talk the talk.  We need to actually do things. Sometimes we can show love by doing the dishes, or vacuuming, or watching a friend's kids, or by taking the babysitter home.  How can you actively show love to the people around you today?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment