Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Playing

     One of my baby girl's favorite things to do right now is to play hide-and-seek/peek-a-boo.  She loves to hide under a blanket, teddy bear, chair, her hands, whatever is close.  :-)  Her playful spirit is contagious.  It makes me smile.  She will hide under something and wait for us to say, "Where's baby girl?"  Then she will crack up!!  Even on crazy days (like today was), I love watching her play.  She will engage anyone to play with her.  So will my son.  They are friendly.  All. the. time.  I want to remember to engage the people around me.  Sometimes I can get wrapped into my own stuff.  But, not my kiddos.  If you are around, to them you are someone to play with.  :-) 
      Today our Bible Study did outreach.  It helps us remember to get outside of ourselves- to play well with others.  Not to be so caught up in me that I lose perspective.  Sometimes I do that.  Forget that there are other people around that I can laugh, talk, walk, play, cry, listen with.  I want to continue to remember that if there is someone else around, I can say, "Where's my friend?"  and they will be there and we can crack up together.  So next time your day seems crazy, call up a friend and be there to play.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment