Thursday, January 24, 2013

Be Faithful

     I am doing a weekly Bible Study at my church.  It is called "The Interlude."  Right now we are learning about the Kings of Israel after they entered the Promised Land.  One of the take aways that I got from the first week was to be faithful in the little things even when other people don't see what you are doing.  This was based on the events when Saul (first King of Israel) was chasing David (soon to be King of Israel).  David knew that he was going to be the next king.  Saul was after him because Saul knew that God was going to have David be the next king and that was threatening to Saul.  As Saul was after David, David would hide in caves.  Sometimes Saul would too.  There are multiple times where David could have killed Saul and sped up the process of David becoming king.  But he didn't.  He was faithful to what God wanted, even when no one else was looking.  Even when other people would have said he should kill Saul.  He didn't.  He followed God.  He was faithful. 
     I want to be faithful when other people might not see.  I want to be kind to my kiddos, even when I am tired.  I want to make healthy choices for me, even when no one is around.  I want to say thoughtful things to my husband, even when it's just the two of us (or when he's not in on the conversation).  I want to think well of my friends.  I want to be faithful to what God has for me.  Be obedient in the little things.  How about you?  What are the ways that you can be faithful, even when other people won't see it?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment