Thursday, February 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home

     Back to my regular life.  Today I did laundry at my own house, loaded my own dish washer, and cleaned up my own house.  There is something really nice about that.  I love being on "vacation," but there is a great quality about being in your own home.  It is enjoyable to see my kids playing with their friends and my friend drinking a Starbucks with me here in my home.  I know I have written this before, but I want to make each moment that I have count.  I want to enjoy each moment that I have with my husband, kids, and friends.  I feel like that has been a theme that I keep seeing.  Thank you to everyone who is helping to teach me that.  My parents and sisters when I am able to be with them.  My mother-in-law when she shares from her love, her life, and her loss.  My son's preschool teacher who tells me not to worry about what it will be like when I have to send my baby to kindergarten next year, but to enjoy each day as it comes.  My friends when we get time to connect and laugh with each other.  My kids when I watch them grow more and more everyday.  My husband when we talk about how crazy it is that we have been married for almost nine years already.  How did that happen? 
     I want to make each day count.  I saw this quote on a friend's Facebook post, "“Harold Hill: You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.”  ― Meredith Willson, The Music Man: A Musical Comedy.  How about you?  Are you making today worth remembering?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment