Sunday, February 3, 2013

Like My Mom

     You know how people say that you turn into your Mom as you get older?  Well, I really think there is truth to that, which is great because I think my Mom is great.  And tonight I was totally like her.  :-)  Before I can tell you about tonight, let me give you a little back story.  The elementary school version of me would come home and tell Mom, "Tomorrow is rubber ducky day (or insert some other random theme) at school."  Then Mom awesomely, cool Mom would make me a handmade outfit to go with the day.  She did this so many times, I can't even remember them all.  And I knew that she would come through for me.  There was no doubt.  Or I would tell her we are having a contest and I knew she would help me win it.  She had my back all the time.  I also didn't realize until I was older, she would stay up most of the night making my clothes for the next day, so I could have a shirt and/or accessory to go with the them.  As a side note, one time she made me a slap bracelet to go with a Christmas dress.  She is fabulous.  :-)
   Ok, back to present day.  My son's preschool teacher (who is so crazy good) tells us on Friday that Monday is hearts and hats day and that we are going to see who has the most hearts.  So, tonight I made him a heart necklace with 150 hearts.  It's not a homemade outfit, but I still felt like I was bonding with my Mom as I strung each of those beads.  There are some ways I am turning into my Mom and I am proud.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment