Monday, February 25, 2013

Family Time

     I have had a lot of sister time the last two weeks.  I have three sisters.  They are 6, 7, and 10 years younger than me.  It has been fun to get to do the things that they like or talk about their lives.  My middle sister is getting married in July.  We went wedding dress shopping, talked about the wedding, reception, pictures, and tons of other things.  We also played games together (with our Dad and her fiance) and talked about tons of other stuff. 
     I have another sister who has a little baby girl just four and half months older than my two year old.  It was fun to watch the kids play together and to talk about what was going on with the kids.  Also, we bonded over an iPhone game.  You know those ones that you play and there really isn't a point.  Well, she has one on her phone because her little girl likes to watch it.  I played on her phone some while she was at my parents' house.
     My baby sister is in college.  I got to learn more about her classes.  Tonight she baked cookies for us.  The kids, my Mom, my baby sister, and I went shopping today.  It was tons of fun to just hang out with her and learning more about who she is.
     I love hanging out with my Mom and Dad too.  They are my friends.  I enjoy seeing how my kids light up around them.  My kiddos want to play with them all the time.  I enjoy talking with them about little things that are going on in life and big things too.  I talk to them often on the phone, but there is something different about being in the same room.
     I know that we are coming back in four months for my sister's shower and her wedding, but it is still hard to say goodbye.  I know there will be tears at the airport.  I try to teach my kids that it is ok to be sad that we are leaving-we will miss PaPa and Mima and their Aunts, but also we are going home to Daddy.  So, we can be excited about that.  Emotions are weird, aren't they?  Learn about those around you.  Be joyful when you are around them.  But, it's to be sad sometimes too.  Tomorrow I have to remember that it's ok to feel all the emotions that the kids and I are feeling as we travel.  I want to do a good job of letting them feel.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment