Friday, February 22, 2013

Memories

     Today I had one of my favorite kinds of pizza.  It is from a small pizza place from where I grew up.  I love having the pizza when I am in town.  My sister loves to get it when she is here too.  I think it is because it reminds us of growing up.  You know those tastes and smells that just trigger good memories?  This pizza is one of those.  Both my husband and my sister's fiancé think the pizza is fine, but they don't love it.  My husband is not excited to get it when he is in my hometown, but he eats it because I like it.  But the guys don't have the same great memories associated with it.  They weren't there when we would get two trays of it and go to Gram's house and hang out with our cousins.  They weren't there for the birthday parties and late nights eating that pizza.
     We can tell them all abut the memories and they can appreciate that we like the pizza, but they will never like it the way we do.  And that's ok.  :-).  I will still love my pizza, even though some people might not ever understand.  So, what are your things that bring back good memories?  A favorite food?  Song?  Movie?  Share the experience with someone you love, just so you can tell them the stories about it.  You will love it and they will love learning more about you.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment