Monday, February 11, 2013

The Long Haul

     Sometimes I don't want to have to wait for things.  I want to see results right now.  With losing weight, saving money, or running, I don't get to see immediate results most of the time.  I want to be able to run as fast as I want to right now.  I want to be at my goal weight now.  I want to have our emergency fund saved already.  I like to check things off lists.  I have been feeling like I can't check these long term things off.  I know, I know.  Babysteps.  Reward yourself along the way.  I know all the right things to say.  But, sometimes I just want to see the results right now.  That's how it is, right?  Sometimes we need the people around us to tell us it is ok that we don't get to check things off.  That babysteps are really worth it.  I am thankful that I have those people in my life.
     But really, when I think about it.  Most things that are really valuable to us are things that we are in for the long haul.  Things that we can't easily cross off of a list.  Love my husband.  Build my marriage.  Love my kids.  Teach my kids.  Love my family and friends.  Build relationship.  Wouldn't it be weird if we checked those off the list and moved on?  We can't.  Everyday we continue to work on the things that are important to us.  So, when I need a pep talk about being healthy or saving money, I can remind myself of all of the things in life that I will never really "check off" but love doing every day anyway.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment