Thursday, February 7, 2013

Grace and The Law

     I just started reading Leviticus in the Bible in the last few days.   It is a book about the law for the Israelites.  God told Moses what sacrifices the people should make.  There were sacrifices for thanksgiving, repentance, festivals, atonement and they just keep going.  The people had to offer sacrifices because they did not have Jesus as their Savior yet. 
     It is hard to read Leviticus.  I keep thinking, "If I read about lobes and kidneys and fat of one more sacrifice..."  I am pushing through.  As I read though, the thing that I keep thinking about is how I am glad that I have Grace.  I don't have to atone for my sins because Jesus did it for me.  He was my Sacrifice.  He was your Sacrifice.  Once and for all.  We just have to ask Him to cover us and forgive our sins.  Then, we are forgiven and clean.  That's it.  We don't have to bring any lambs, or livestock, or birds.  We just bring us.  And He loves us.  I am so thankful for Grace as I read through Leviticus.  I pray that you know Jesus' Grace today.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment