Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thankfulness

     Sorry for the super late post.  My baby girl has been part of a study since she was six months old.  She is in the control group for an autism study.  In the last eighteen months, we have gone to the University for visits multiple times, I have filled out loads of questionnaires, and she has had three MRIs.  Tonight was the third MRI.  They are trying to figure out when they can see a difference in the brains of babies with and without autism.  They have made some progress, so they are now going to start looking at babies who are three months old.  Since the kids don't medically need the MRIs, they do not use anesthesia.  So, we do them past her bedtime, hoping she falls asleep in my arms quickly.  This is an interesting process given that she NEVERS falls asleep in my arms except for these MRI nights.  Normally, she lays down in her bed awake and then falls asleep by herself.  Well, tonight it took her less than an hour and a half.  The best yet!!!  I love having her sleeping there in my arms.  Then,  I have to lay her down on the MRI machine which makes CRAZY loud noises. 
     Each time I see her like that, I am so thankful she doesn't actually NEED this.  I am reminded to pray for all of the kids there at the Children's Hospital.  I am so happy to be a part of the study.  Hopefully, they will be able to use this information to help kids with autism in the future.  And it reminds me to be thankful for the health of my fabulous kiddos.  That is something that I sometimes take for granted.  I want to remember to thank my Heavenly Father for all that He has blessed my family with each day.  What about you?  Are there things that you could be thanking God for that you forget about sometimes?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment