Saturday, February 9, 2013

Play

     I have recently decided I want to play more.  I have played board games with my husband, lots of stuff with the kids and then things with friends.  But, I really do want my life to have more play.  I have been trying to play more board games with the kiddos.  More coloring.  More video games with my son.  More board games with my honey.  Sometimes, when life is going crazy, it can seem like coloring with my baby girl is a waste of time.  Or that I can't stop for a few moments and ACTIVELY BE with my family.  I want my family to remember that I played.  I want my family to remember that they were more important to me than the laundry or the dishes or a meeting I needed to get ready for. 
     It's hard for me sometimes, because I want those tasks to get done.  But, I need to remind myself that I will get stuff done, but it doesn't necessarily need to get done right this moment, some things maybe, but not most.  Playing is important too.  When my son wants to play video games, it is not a waste of time.  That is speaking love to my wonderful son.  When my baby girl wants to color. I am telling her I love her.  Playing a game with my husband shows him that he is loved.  These are things that are important.  I want to make sure they are a priority.  How can you play today?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment