Monday, December 24, 2012

Traditions

     Traditions are a funny thing.  There are times when I think, "Let's make _______ a tradition."  But then it doesn't happen.  But then there are things that just happen and then you keep doing them year after year.  As I am typing this my honey and I are watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."  Watching this movie is a tradition that he grew up with.  Tomorrow morning I am making a special breakfast that I grew up with.  We will eat chili that my father-in-law would make.  We have stocking holders that we can put pictures in.  So, each year we each don a Santa hat and take a picture.  The kiddos get new jammies every Christmas Eve.  They use the Fisher Price nativity to act out the Christmas story.  We watch "The Muppet's Christmas Carol" when we put up our tree.  Traditions can start as random things, but then they are what you look forward to each year.  And some day, our kids may be grown up with their spouses doing funny things that we started when they were kids or in the years to come.  Here's hoping that your Christmas is filled with fun memories of old traditions and ones that you don't even know you are starting.  :-)  Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment