Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Beginnings...

     So, I have thought of starting a blog a lot of times.  I actually have three or so posts that I wrote throughout the years to be my first post on my blog.  I think somewhere on yahoo, I even started one seven years ago.  That one obviously did not work out well.  The problem has been trying to find where to start.  It kind of stops me cold in my tracks to think about the first thing that I will put out there for people to read.  Not that I necessarily think many people will read it, but still, it seems like quite a bit of pressure.  Once I did have those first posts written, then I had to find a blog place and actually start one.  Well, anyone who knows me at all knows that I like to research.  I want to find the BEST blog place, with the BEST title, and the BEST website address.  Well, I have friends who use this site, so I joined so I could comment on their posts, so I am using this one.  :-)  I don't know if it's the best, but I will actually be blogging, so it seems like it is just what I want. 
     I was lying in bed last night trying to figure out what my "God-sized" idea for this next year was.  I had read about it on another blog.  And the Bible study that I just finished was focused on it.  The idea is that God has CRAZY BIG plans for each of us.  We need to seek Him and figure out what they are.  But, they are plans that we have to involve Him in because we can't do them on our own.  I don't know why a blog could be part of that for me, but I think it might be.  So here is my blog.  I figure since it has been on my heart for seven years, maybe I should actually do it.
     I am calling it, "A Work In Progress" because that's what I am.  I used to want to have it all together, all the time.  I thought that made me strong.  But it just made lonely.  We are made to help each other and to get help from others.  We are made to be in relationship, in community.  So, I will let all of you know right now that I am not perfect, even when it looks like I have it all together.  And I am actually ok with that now.  So I guess this blog might be my journey on the road that God has me on.  Maybe it will be my thoughts for the day, or a great blog post I found, or great stories about my fabulous husband or wonderful kids, or a fun time I shared with my best friends, or the exercising adventures of me and my workout buddy, or ranting about a bad day, or a awesome night at MOPS, or something God is teaching me.  I don't know what each day will hold for my blog, but that's life, I guess.  So, welcome to the adventures of me- a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Bobbie Jo...i use to do a lot of blogging several years ago. I use to really get into doing that. Then the site i blogged on shut down. A year or so ago i started to get back into it and wrote a short one, but i just wasn't feeling it so haven't done anymore. Maybe one day i will do blogging again. I am looking forward to reading your blogs! Love You~

    ReplyDelete