Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's Gone

     I gave the Glider (from an earlier post) away.  I was a little sad, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  Sometimes we make things seem worse than they will really be.  I am sure there will be times I miss it, but the earth did not stop when it left my house.  A family friend once said that "God will only give you the grace for the situation you are in."  He meant that we can make up all of these horrible scenarios and be freaked out and think that we could never handle ______ (whatever you are really afraid of).  And at this moment, you are right, you couldn't.  But if you were in that situation, God would be there to walk you through it.  His grace is sufficient for us.  But not necessarily for our made up things that might happen or how bad we think something is going to be.  I know that getting rid of my glider is not the most scary situation that I am worried about, but I still was worrying about it.  Knowing I shouldn't be anxious does not always stop me from being freaked out about stuff that I don't need to be upset about, but when I remind myself of that wisdom, it usually helps.   
     So, the glider is gone, but what is great is that my baby girl can use all the space in her room.  Tonight we snuggled on the floor to read.  It was different, but still great.  I need to remind myself often that different can be great.  Different can lead us to better.  So here is hoping that in 2013, I can appreciate just a little more that change can be good.  :-)  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment