Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Legacy

     I know I have gone a week without a blog.  Sorry, but I am here now.  :-)  Last week would have been my mother and father-in-laws' anniversary.  My father in law died in 2007.  Their anniversary day got me thinking about legacy.  Even though my mother in law is still with us, I feel like I can talk about some of the legacy that she and her fabulous husband left to the world.  Their legacy to their children was demonstrating a God centered marriage.  I am sure they, like all of us, had their off days.  But they always showed one another love and respect.  My husband and I lived with them for six months and they were some of the most fun six months ever.  We played cards with his parents multiple nights a week.  I loved watching my in laws interact.  Sometimes my father in law would get this gleam in his eye.  We would know that he was about to do something that would make my mother in law laugh or something that she would joking tell him he shouldn't do.  They had one of the best marriages I have ever seen in my life.  I am so glad that not only did I know them, but I am in their family.
     They have left a legacy of good marriage to their kids.  Because when their kids were growing us they saw what an awesome marriage looked like, they are more easily able to walk that out in their own lives.  I am blessed that I married one of their sons.  Because we can walk in a Godly marriage, I pray that our kids will be able to too and so on through the generations.  So the legacy from my father and mother in law will touch generations that are not even born yet.  People that they will never meet this side of Heaven will be positively impacted by them.
     They also showed what it was to love your kids.  This too will, I pray, be passed from generation to generation.  My kids get to know the love of the Grandpa they will never meet here on Earth through the love of their Daddy.  I am so excited I am able to already see some of the legacy from my father and mother in law.  What about you?  What is your legacy?  Our legacies are what is left behind after all the material stuff we had is gone.  Looking at your life now, will your great great grand kids be glad that you were who you were?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment