Sunday, March 10, 2013

Faith Walk: Station Three

     We are leaving the sound of rushing water behind us.  We are walking on a gravel road toward a dirt path along the lake.  The sound of the lake over the shore is peaceful.  On the way there we talk about "What stops you from fully receiving God's love?"  (The following material is from the retreat speaker, not me.)


                               You are Loved by Jesus

Consider: Close your eyes and picture a man – perfect, tender, strong and head over heels in love with you.  He delights in all of you – He’s not appalled by anything you’ve done or will do, or scared of your deepest longings, in fact, He is able and longs to satisfy all your needs.  He’s the lover of your soul, captivated by your beauty.  He watches over you while you sleep, never leaving nor betraying you.  He defends and fights for you.  His sole desire is to be with you now and forever.  This perfect man, your beloved, is Jesus.  Is He enough for you?

 

Song of Songs 2:10, 7:10My beloved spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me…I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me.”

 

Romans 8:35, 37-39Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

 

Hebrews 13:5 [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]”

 

Challenge: Sing Jesus Loves Me, Father I adore You, I love you Lord.  Before leaving, put a log in the fire for the next group.

 

Reflect: Take a silent moment to receive God’s lavish love for you.    
 
 
 
    
 
     His love from us is perfect.  He will not let us down.  He knows what we need.  Ask Him to show you more and more of His love for you.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment