Thursday, March 14, 2013

I've had it!

     I am taking a little break from the retreat sessions.  We will return, but I wanted to blog about something else, so I am.  :-)  On Tuesday night, as I was sitting eating chocolate chips, raisins, and teddy grahams, I realized I am eating this and I am not even hungry.  In the last week or so, I have eaten 2 1/2 bags of chips, a TON of cookies and cookie dough, just junk.  Some of the stuff I don't even really like that much, I just keep eating it.  I don't know what happened.  I did great with food while I was visiting my family.  Most of the time, I gain 5-10 pounds when I am visiting there.  This time, I was up like 1.5 pounds (some of which was water weight from flying) and I lost that in a few days.
     But, once I got home, I went nuts.  I do not know what all was going on; well, I think there were lots of things.  I was glad to be home.  Traveling had been stressful and I didn't want to have to think about my food once I got home.  The problem, though, is my "not thinking about it" means just eating all the junk I want.  Why do I do that?  It seems silly to me as I sit and eat stuff I know is going to make me feel yucky and bloated in 30 minutes and still hungry, that I keep eating it.  After doing that for almost two weeks, I was just feeling not great.  And I have gained over 6 pounds in the last two weeks. 
    My husband and I watched a movie and one of the people said that when we are trying to eat healthy, "We need to stop thinking, I WANT that but CAN'T have it.  And start thinking, I CAN have that, but I DON'T want it."  Wow...that seems so easy.  I was trying to do that, the problem is I do want a bunch of chocolate.  But what I realized Tuesday was that, yes, I do want to eat it, but I HATE how eating everything that I WANT makes me feel so bad.  So, Wednesday, I actually stopped eating the junk.  It has been a good few days.  I am feeling better.  I wish that it would keep being as easy- trying to remember how yucky I felt will help me I think.  I know that it usually does get harder, but I just want to remember that I don't want to feel gross.  How about you?  Is there a part of your life that you keep doing something that you know is silly?  What step(s) can you take today to change that just a little?  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment